Online Resource Tutorials
The Garland Libraries offer on how to use many of our online resources. Learn how to use Value Line, Mango Languages, Testing and Education Reference Center, Chilton Auto Repair and many more. Also included are tutorials on , , , , , , , and .
We have grouped several resource together to make them easier to find:
|Genealogy & History|
|Finance and Investments||Alphabetical List|
- This alternative health database provides full text for 180 publications including full text for many peer-reviewed journals.
- Alt Health Watch provides in-depth coverage across the full spectrum of subject areas covered by complementary and alternative medicine dating back to 1990.
This product was not renewed.
Consumer Health Complete (CHC) is designed for the everyday consumer of health care information. It supports the information needs of patients and fosters an overall understanding of health-related topics. Consumers can search and browse within medical encyclopedias, popular reference books, and magazine articles.
- More than 500 full-text journals and magazines
- More than 240 full-text health reference books and encyclopedias
- More than 2,600 full-text evidence-based health reports
- Nearly 500 medical images and diagrams
- Nearly 250 animations with audio narration
- Dozens of articles covering teen health topics
- Full-text consumer health pamphlets and leaflets
- Drugs and alcohol
- Nutrition and dietetics
This resource provides content covering all key areas of health and wellness, from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary and holistic medicine.
Reference titles for diseases, conditions, medical tests, nutrition, diet and overall well being. Includes both physical and mental issues as well as drugs and addiction.
- Access the popular Gale and UXL health books right from your computer.
- Thousands of articles from leading medical encyclopedias.
- Look at specific encyclopedias you need or search the entire medical collection at once.
Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias, specialized reference tools and informational resources that all ages can benefit from using. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely from home or school 24/7.
- Popular reference and informational titles in a digital eBook format
- Cross-searchable and printable as PDF's
- No need to checkout – just use it
- No waiting – unlimited simultaneous access
We have over a thousand titles to choose from. Many have been grouped into collections to make it easier to use them.
Support Research in Health Studies
Created specifically for students, knowledgeable consumer health researchers, and health care professionals, Gale OneFile: Health and Medicine is the perfect resource for up-to-date information on the complete range of health care topics. With more than 2,500 embargo-free, full-text periodicals, reference books, pamphlets, and hundreds of videos demonstrating medical procedures and live surgeries, Gale OneFile: Health and Medicine ensures that researchers get current, scholarly, comprehensive answers to health-related questions.
Exclusive features, including Topic Finder, InterLink, and a mobile-optimized interface, support and enhance the search experience.
This database is the richest collection of consumer health information available to libraries worldwide, providing information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
- Searchable full text for nearly 150 journals.
- Updated on a daily basis.
This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
- Features abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals.
- Updated on a daily basis.
Revistas médicas (medical journals)
A unique collection of medical research and investigatory journals from renowned Latin American and Spanish publishers. This Spanish language database contains the complete table of contents and PDF full text for 130 peer-reviewed medical journals in native Spanish. A wide range of topics are covered including neuroscience, cardiology, nephrology, biomedicine, clinical research, pediatrics, human reproduction, clinical pathology, cancer research, and hematology. Titles include Revista Medica del IMSS, Revista Mexicana de Patologia Clinica, Boletin Medico del Hospital Infantil de Mexico, Archivos de Neurociencias, Revista Biomedica, Veterinaria Mexico, Salud Publica de Mexico, ACIMED, and more.
Authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more.
Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 4,800 current biomedical journals. Included are citations from Index Medicus, International Nursing Index, Index to Dental Literature, HISTLINE, SPACELINE, PREMEDLINE®, AIDSLINE®, BIOETHICSLINE®, and HealthSTAR®.
A complementary and alternative medicine database designed specifically for the consumer health researcher
This database contains:
- Articles on medical conditions and the alternative medicine therapies proposed for use in their treatment,
- Detailed, evidence-based information on herbs and supplements, functional foods, and other alternative therapies such as acupuncture and homeopathy,
- Evidence-based content has been developed and reviewed by a team of physicians and pharmacologists with the goal of providing consumers with reliable information,
- Accurate, unbiased information on natural health, updated weekly more than 700 evidence-based articles covering medical conditions, alternative therapies, herbs and supplements, functional foods, drug interactions, and homeopathy.
A comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods.
- Provides nearly 400 full text publications,
- Nearly every full text title included in this database is indexed in PsycINFO,
This database is updated daily via EBSCOhost.
Spanish-language version of Consumer Health Complete
- Provee reportes completos basados en evidencias y fichas de datos relacionados a todos los aspectos de la salud y el bienestar
- Reportes específicos por tema que cubren todos los aspectos de la salud, dan información general importante en relación a enfermedades, afecciones y procedimientos de diversos tratamientos